Works In Process is a series of conversations with creative individuals that explore the evolution and technique behind their latest projects— highlighting, exploring and possibly demystifying the creative process. The goal of the WiP podcast is to share your story and allow our listeners to align with your struggles and learn from your techniques and success.
Target Audience, Length, & Format
Our primary target audience ranges from students to emerging designers, as well as others in the creative industry. As this is a monthly release podcast, our target length for the interview is 50 minutes. We want to share your in-depth experience and bring value to our listeners by showcasing the ways one can arrive at successful work, through process and hard work.
Topics & Questions
I want to dig into the projects that you are willing to discuss and find out the methodology and impetus for them. The podcast has four main sections, and these topics and questions form the skeleton of the interview – we’ll flesh them out during our conversation together.
- Icebreakers Questions (Something to get us comfortable talking before the main interview)
- What is your Origin Story?
- Where did you go to school?
- Your first creative job?
- When did you realize you were a creative?
- What made you transition in what we are talking about today?
- Your Project (What is the main project/idea that we are focusing this interview on today?)
- Why did you see the need for this project?
- What is your thought process? How did you prepare, what are the steps?
- What tools / resources do you use? What can’t you live without?
- Closing Questions
- What advice would you give to others? How do you approach working differently from when you became a creative up until now?
- What does the future hold you as a creative? What are your plans? What can we expect from you and where do you want to be in 5 years. And how will your process evolve?
Our conversation will evolve during the interview, so these questions are just a guide for you, they may change based on the flow and style of the conversation. I will also ask follow-up questions, so don’t worry about answering questions in exhaustive detail on the first attempt – it’s my job as hosts to make it an easy conversation for you.